Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WordCamp Philippines 2008

I saw Anna's Plurk about WordCamp and clicked on the link since I was intrigued 'cause it said that it is going to be held at my school. I'm not really a WordPress user but I'm registered there. My WP blog contains mostly of what my Blogger has since I had it cross-posted. :]] But wait, I know most of my visitors are using Blogger. Don't fret though 'cause the event is open for non-WordPress users and non-Bloggers as well for it is about encouraging more people to use WordPress. Cool, yeah?

So when I was there on their site, I found out that this WordCamp is the first in Southeast Asia! And it's going to be held in the Philippines! How cool is that? This event is organized by the Mindanao Bloggers, the group who successfully organized the 1st Mindanao Bloggers Summit in Davao City. And indeed it is going to be held at De La Salle- College of Saint Benilde at Augusto- Rosario Gonzales Theater on September 6, 2008. And that event falls during our term break! Yay! I didn't need much persuasion from people to go 'cause I already made up my mind that I will go. Haha! So I registered without hesitation.


I surfed more around their site and found out that these are the topics they consider to be discussed:
  • Blogging 102 - Basics & Beyond
  • Other Ways to Use WordPress
  • Video and Mobile Blogging
  • Cascading Style Sheets
  • Blog Monetization
  • Migrating to WordPress
  • Organizing / Optimizing Your WordPress Blog
  • Advanced WordPress Management
  • Developing WP Plugins / Best Practices in PHP Coding
  • Designing WP Themes
  • WordPress & SEO
  • WordPress E-commerce Site
  • Configuring & Deploying WordPress MU
  • Developing WP Aggregator Sites
  • WordPress Security / Anti-Hacking Techniques
  • WP Development Ethics
  • Microformats
I found out that most of my blogger schoolmates are going to attend too so it will make the event more fun and exciting! They are fellow Multimedia Arts students and sooner or later we will need to learn about those topics mentioned above. So might as well have an overview of it and learn about it earlier, right? :D I want to learn more about WordPress too 'cause I'm thinking of getting hosted(hi, Anna! haha) and I'm 100% sure that I will use WordPress as my blogging tool.

I think this will be my first time to attend a blogger's event 'cause I don't really attend those, I'm too shy to. :]] So, hopefully see you guys there! It could also be a blogger's meet, yeah? That would be fun! :]

And OH! I just read on their site Matt Mullenweg is coming, the developer of WordPress! How coolER is that?!

SPONSORS (events wouldn't be possible without these)
See ya, guys! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yey! Kasama na si Cha. *banana dance*
Magupdate ka naman. =))