Monday, January 07, 2008

Blast from the past: 2007.

88 THINGS I DID ON 2007. Beware, this is uber long. :)

  1. January 7, 2007: ACET Results was released online. I wasn’t accepted. One dream school down.
  2. January 13, 2007 Saturday: We made our Economics project. Why is this extraordinary? Well, we went to my high school crush’s1 house and interviewed his dad for our project. He went with us to go to their office then my barkada-slash-groupmates insisted that he will be the one to drive my ka-barkada’s car. Then, I was the last one to get into the car then the next thing I know, they were all sitted at the back. I had no choice but to sit in the front passenger seat. GREAT. LOL. Then my ka-barkada who is his neighbor asked him to go with us to Starbucks, Convergy’s. But this time, I sitted at the back. Nakakahiya na kasi yun, grabe! Natatandaan siguro talaga ako nun by face. HAHAHA. Walanghiya. Anyway, I still remember, we ordered a Grande Caramel Frappucino. LOL.
  3. January 17, 2007: Had our National Career Assessment Exam.
  4. January 22, 2007: UPCAT Results were released. This was a super sad day for me. Two dream schools down.
  5. January 26, 2007: USTET Results were released. I passed but was on Academic Placement. So I needed to go to the UST-OFAD on March 3 for the printout of the list of courses I qualified for.
  6. February 2, 2007: Teacher’s Day organized by the Student Council. I made the certificates to be given to the teachers. Yey!
  7. February 6-12, 2007: Swing practice for Prom. Haha. I miss this. I miss dancing! Lol. What I love about dance practices is that we get to be excused for our classes. Nyahaha.
  8. February 9, 2007: Student Council assistance for Mathrix, a math quiz bee organized by our school. This was really a great experience! I swear!
  9. February 10, 2007: Student Council assistance for MTAP. This was a great experience too! Alala ko merong cute guy from Philadelphia High School dun e, senior high din. Hahaha. We were at our mini-theater and I was operating the laptop and I said to the one watching over their team, “Ui, cute yung nasa kanan.” HAHAHA. Then she said, “Onga eh, kaya kanina pa ako nakatingin sakaniya e. At least may rason ako. Hahaha.”
  10. February 14, 2007: Valentine’s Day booths organized by the Student Council. This was fun but at the same time hard. I was assigned at the main registration booth and grabe super gulo ng mga tao especially the first and second years! Haha.
  11. February 19, 2007: Two things happened this day. First, we had our JS Prom at Shangrila Edsa. Second, the DLS-CSB Entrance Exam results were released. And I passed. Masaya akong nakapasa ako nun pero alam ko kasi na hindi ako ditto mag-aaral so malungkot din.
  12. February 26, 2007: Had my Talumpati for our Filipino subject.
  13. February 28, 2007: We performed our Filipino play(El Filibusterismo), ny last high school play. Lol.
  14. March 1 and 2, 2007: School Foundation day. This was the worst foundation day ever! We spell it, B-O-R-I-N-G. There were no rides, no tiangges, no programs at all! Grrrr.
  15. March 3, 2007: I went to UST-OFAD for the printout of list of courses I qualified for. Since I didn't pass my talent test, I was on Academic Placement. So instead they gave me a 4-page list of the courses I got in to. I was happy though because I was qualified to be in Architecture, Engineering, Biology, Math, Physics, Pharmacy, Commerce, and the list goes on. So pag pumili ako dun, wait-listed na ako. Anyway, I never thought I could be qualified with those courses but what the hell? That's way too near my preferred course which is Fine Arts. GREAT. I chose Commerce and Information Technology because I had no choice but to choose. Nge, haha.
  16. March 8, 2007: We performed our music project. Not sure about the date though. Anyway, each group composed a song, preferably a graduation song for us to sing on our Graduation day, and then our music teacher will pick one song from the 3 sections. Too bad our song wasn’t picked but our grad song was picked from our section and that’s enough for me. ;)
  17. March 17, 2007: This started it all. I realized and I knew I had to choose. I got in to two colleges. Not my dream colleges but at least, I got in. I had a choice where to go. One was nearer from where we live and is a university but I didn’t get in to my course choices and the second was way too far from where we live, tuition is expensive, runs on a trimester basis but the one where my heart really is. I was already thinking so hard what to choose. I never thought how I managed to think about that after gazillions of school work I had to do.

Anyway, this date was the deadline for Academic Placement slips for UST. I was thinking so hard what I will choose as instead of Fine Arts and Communication Arts because I knew they really wanted me to go to UST. So yeah, I chose I.T. and Commerce. I want to share what was written on my planner that day: There are choices ahead which could change your life. Unfortunately, there aren’t any crystal balls to provide the answers, telling you where to go or what to do. But it is true that centuries of wisdom have never improved on this advice: Listen to your heart. I have a choice. But I am afraid. Does the heart ever go wrong? I know, it’s so much drama. But hey, it’s me. Mas maganda na yung pag-isipan ng mabuti kesa sa sumalang sa kolehiyo at kumuha ng mga kursong hindi mo gusto at hindi ka sigurado, di ba?

  1. March 19, 2007: This was the very day I told my brother, “Kuya, gusto ko sa Benilde. *laughs*” I was supposed to just say it jokingly. Basta, to just say it. But what the hell man, I broke down. I cried really really hard. I guess this was the first time I cried on my brother about some serious things. He said, “Sandali lang, tatawagin ko si Kuya Junjun.” And I insisted not to. I said, “Kuya waggg! Sara mo yung door!” I didn’t want anyone to see me cry like that. Takot ako at nahihiya. But he already called my 2nd eldest brother. So he said to me, “Bat ka umiiyak?” Tapos tumawa kami. I was trying hard not to cry. Sobrang pinipigilan ko na yung iyak ko nun. Yeah, silly right? Crying just because of that. But that’s just me, I’m really sentimental. Then he asked my brother, “Ba’t to umiiyak? Inaway mo?” Hahaha. Then yun, my bro told the whole story. And he was asking me questions. Basta all I remember was I was crying really hard and I was super touched because they really supported me. They got my back. Then my 2nd eldest brother told me, “Sabihin natin kila mommy bukas yan. Wag ka na umiyak.” Then we went downstairs because we ate some icecream. Pampalamig daw ng ulo. Then while we were leaving the room, our eldest brother came out from his room and saw me. He said, “Oh, bakit ‘to umiiyak? Ano nangyari?” My brother told him, “Destiny, ‘tol.” Hahaha. The next day, my mom and dad knew about it. And yeah, I guess they thought really hard about it. I don’t know but it took about a month to tell that they agreed that I go to Benilde. My dad was the first one who agreed among all of them. My mom was just silent about it. My brothers didn’t want me to because they knew they will be the one who will drive me to school since they won’t allow me to commute and they know that Taft is reallyyyy far. When I was thinking and deciding if I will say to them where I want to go, I really considered everything: the distance, the expenses, my family’s feelings and etcetera. I told it to a family friend and she said, “Don’t make distance a hindrance to your dreams. Tingnan mo ako, I really wanted to take up Economics but I was rejected by a lot of schools there. But I never gave up. So I’m here at Singapore. And 3 or 4 years of driving you to school won’t hurt your brothers, won’t it?” That wasn’t the exact words she said but it was somewhat like that. I am really thankful I have these people around me and I am proud of myself for fighting for my dreams.
  2. March 21, 2007: News breakout: our school’s terminating its operation. It was a sad day for the whole OLGM community.
  3. March 22, 2007: Bomb squad at our school. Why? Well, if you have heard of the news, may sumabog sa school namin na pill box. Hahaha. We thought that it was some effect that the school planned since it planned to close, graceful exit kumbaga. Hahaha. Magsasara na nga, sasabog pa. We had a joke about this. Before a lot of us were saying, “Ipasara ang OLGM! Pasabugin ang OLGM!” So ayun nga, nagsara nga. Sumabog pa. LOL. This was also a dramatic day for the 4th year teachers, the whole faculty and fourth year students. A long story but anyway, we were so pasaway during our graduation practice and our teacher got pissed off at us. Napakahabang sermon yun! Pero sobrang touching and totoo naman. We realized our mistakes and the whole senior batch went outside the faculty and we sang our graduation song to them. Sobrang deadma sila. Pero super cry din kaming lahat pati na rin sila. Hay.
  4. March 30, 2007: The day I graduated from high school, said goodbye to the best years of my life, my teachers, and my super friends. Batch 2007, last batch of OLGM and batch “State your name!” Haha. Magulo ‘tong graduation na ‘to. Pero super cry! The OLGM Alumni was there and the lower batches. Sobrang lungkot neto. Parang almost one hour kami umiiyak sa stage. Hahaha.
  5. April 13, 2007: Nalaman kong accepted ako sa Commerce. Hindi ko na inalam kung accepted ako sa I.T. kasi hindi namin mahanap kung saan nakalagay yung mga wait-list dun.
  6. April 15, 2007: Outreach with 4-Faith at Angono, Rizal. This was really a heart-warming experience. I felt really good after this day. It was nice seeing my superfriends again. There were 8 4th year faith people and some from the NorthView chapter of Tau Gamma Phi. For us 4-Faithers, we organized this outreach because our graduation was a blessing that we want to share with people. I met new people this day. We sung and danced with the youth members of the Christian Church Ms. Adah was part of. I really felt God that day. I felt so blessed! I was really thankful that I have those people around me.
  7. April 17, 2007: We went to Benilde. We were just supposed to inquire about the tuition fee but my mom asked me, “Sigurado ka na ditto? Wala nang urungan ah?” I said smiling, “Oo.” So yun, unexpected confirmation. Haha. I was really happy. Hay grabe.
  8. May 2, 2007: CSB Enrollment for MMA Students! I was like, oh no! Magc-college na ko! Hahaha. Naalala ko nakita ko yung dalawa kong blockmates nung day na yun pero syempre hindi ko pa alam na blockmates ko sila.
  9. May 3, 2007: Went back to CSB for ID Picture. Sobrang haba ng pila nung enrollment mismo e.
  10. May 10, 2007: Went to Davao.
  11. May 12, 2007: Went to Laugh Tough at The Venue Compound then my cousin, his wife and my brother’s girlfriend then but now his wife fetched me to go to Yellow Haus (coffee shop).
  12. May 22, 2007: I went back to Manila. Just me, myself and I. First time kong sumakay ng eroplano na ako lang mag-isa! Woo-hoo! Achievement! Haha.
  13. May 23, 2007: SDA Frosh Orientation. This was the first time I met my blockmates and some of my friends. Fun day and a great experience! I felt proud being officially a Benildean. Ohyea.
  14. May 27, 2007: 16th birthday ko! First time to go to Trinoma and ate at Mangan.
  15. May 28, 2007: DLS-CSB start of classes. Nice 1st college day!
  16. June 8, 2007: Frosh Solidarity Night. First time to see Itchyworms, Callalily and Kjwan live. Cooliooo.
  17. June 21, 2007: First Makati Thursday after class. We went to my blockmate’s condo at Kingswood for our POLIGOV Project. Most of my first term Thursday after classes was spent at Makati. And most of the time, naiiwan akong mag-isa dahil inaantay ko ang sundo ko so humahangouts nalang ako sa Mcdo dun. Haha.
  18. June 24, 2007: Mrs. Neri Mendoza, our 2nd year math teacher, died of cancer.
  19. June 26, 2007: Camae and I went to UST kasi yun yung meeting place ng lahat ng pupunta sa burol ni Mrs. Neri. Grabe pa nun, suot ko yung jogging pants ng Benilde. Ang saya saya. Hahaha. So we went to Dulce Funeral Homes at Abad Santos with 7 of my batchmates. This day was one hell of an adventure ride on our way home! Hahaha. We were all girls and the 2 guys who were supposed to go with us backed out. Great, man! Lahat na yata ng polusyon napunta na sa’min. If not for our 2 batchmates, we would probably be lost already. Kung san-san kami napunta. Sobrang stressful pero fun day.
  20. July 6, 2007: Went to CCP Little Theater to watch our NATSCA prof’s play, Teatro Porvenir. We went to Harbour Square after the play then my whole family(haha) fetched me from there and we went to eat at Seaside.
  21. July 7, 2007: UAAP Opening. Didn’t go but I was at Gateway shooting our Filipino project. I saw a lot of OLGM people during this day. So happy!
  22. July 12, 2007: 1st mall out with DV6 at Robinson’s Manila.
  23. July 16, 2007: Pagtuklas Recollection with DV6. And I saw the asshole while I was on my way home. Great, of all of my batchmates, I saw the asshole. Haha. I texted him that I saw him and he asked where I saw him, I said, “Sa may Pegasus.” Hahahaha! It was true! He was outside waiting for an FX or something.
  24. July 17, 2007: 2nd time to ride the MRT and LRT. I went to Trinoma with Cerisse and saw Sam C., Mikee Lee, and Patricia Evangelista. Hahaha. Then guess what? I saw the asshole again! WTH man! Of all people I know! I was sure he saw me but ayun, deadma. Ang gago talaga ever. Haha. Anyway, pinatawad ko na yun. Wala na yun. Karamihan sa inyo hindi alam ang kwento kasi karamihan senyo new readers and nangyari yun nung 2005 pa. ;p
  25. July 19, 2007: Went to G4 with DV6, Timezone-ing and I rode the MRT by myself! First time! Proud ako. Hahaha. Wala pa sa family naming ang nakasakay ng MRT at LRT. Haha.
  26. July 20, 2007: Campus Stopover ’07. Moonstar 88, Imago, Sandwich, Blue Ketchup, etc etc.
  27. July 28, 2007: OLGM Reunion batch 07 at Trinoma.
  28. August 3-6, 2007: Happy and felt something different. Hahaha. But I hated to feel it first.
  29. August 11, 2007: Trinoma with a batchmate-slash-schoolmate, a friend and his bestfriend. I met a new friend this day.
  30. August 15, 2007: Ang di dapat sinabi ay sinabi. I told someone I like him. WAHAHAHA. Silly. But I am proud now though. Never thought I could have that courage. LOL.
  31. The rest of the first term went and the term break comes in! Ohyea. Haha. Madami pa ‘to!
  32. September 5, 2007: Went to GenSan.
  33. September 6, 2007: Course Card Distribution. I wasn’t able to go so I had someone get it for me. Panira yung dalawang 2.0 ko. Walanghiya talaga. Hindi ko matanggap Bibstud grade ko nun. A busy day for me.
  34. September 7, 2007: The day I decided to let go. Yak. Hahaha. Thanks sa Friendster. Walanghiya. Hanged out at KCC Mall again, since I got to GenSan. I always stayed at a coffee shop there named Coffee Dreamz.
  35. September 8, 2007: Stayed at our hotel room since minors weren’t allowed at the Winston event. I watched a 20-in-1 Tagalog Movie DVD. Hahaha. I watched Happy Hearts, Ang cute ng ina mo, The Promise, and You are the One. Haha.
  36. September 9, 2007: Mom and Dad’s anniversary. We went to Davao. Ate at Buffet Palace. I sent a group message to my super friends and so they knew my ka-dramahan. LOL.
  37. Sept. 10, 2007: Yung sign.
  38. September 12, 2007: Start of 2nd term. Was absent for about a week.
  39. September 18, 2007: Kuya Ian and Ate Liza’s wedding at Sunny Point, Ma-a, Davao City.
  40. September 19, 2007: Went back to Manila. Went to my last class then went to SDA with two friends.
  41. September 23, 2007: It said, “..eto yung start ng week na super sakit.” Gosh, grabe yun ah. Hahaha. Kadramahan talaga. Mygally.
  42. September 26, 2007: Watched Resident Evil Extinction at Rob. Manila with Cerisse, CJ, Sofia and Pem. Watched it again at Trinoma with Kuya Ian and Ate Liza. Had my first Havs, ate Liza bought it for me. Waha.
  43. September 29, 2007: Uncle Arthur’s birthday. Had some get together at our house then went to The Library, Malate. ROFL!!! First time ko sa ganun. Mygally. Hahaha.
  44. September 30, 2007: Kuya Raymond’s Birthday. Went to Cloud 9, Antipolo.
  45. October 4, 2007: My first UAAP game. Watched the UE vs. DLSU Championships Game 1 with Cerisse, CJ, Kevin C., Krystle, Marcell, Gerald, Joseph and Pam.
  46. The rest of October went full of school works. November was spent full of late-night Saturday parties and bad shots (feeling ko lang. Haha.)
  47. November 3, 2007: Eena’s debut at Toyz Café, Makati. Since kakatapos lang ng Halloween nun, costume party siya.
  48. November 14, 2007: Watched One More Chance with DV6 at Rob. Manila. Went to the Tech Project for ORDEV-B at SDA.
  49. November 16, 2007: This is Art exhibit at SDA Bldg. Naiwan akong almost mag-isa. Umalis na karamihan ng ka-block ko nun. Pero super cool neto Cocktail party siya so ayun, may food nga, takaw ng mga kablock ko. Hahaha. May art exhibit, freedom wall, bands, and the last part was all film showing. Sobrang proud to be Benilde.
  50. November 17, 2007: Niki’s 18th birthday at her house at Filinvest. Went to Boks’s Birthday at Ipanema, Eastwood. Fun fun night with super friends!
  51. November 2007: First Online Enlistment and Course Approvals.
  52. November 24, 2007: Tracy’s birthday celebratiom at Paeng’s bowling, Eastwood. Saw superfriends again!
  53. November 29, 2007: First online pre-enrollment. Pahirapan ito mehn. DL na dapat next term! Haha.
  54. December was spent full of school works: deadlines, finals and course cards distribution.
  55. December 27, 2007: The day I got my Starbucks 2008 Planner.
  56. December 29, 2007: Christmas Party. FUN!
  57. December 31, 2007: New Year’s eve!
  58. Mga pahabol na 2007 memories, thoughts and etc. : El Filibusterismo play practices.
  59. I figured out how the world can be so small. A blockmate of mine was a classmate of my barkada during their high school years and also, a friend of my schoolmate back in elementary. Basta, napatunayan kong maliit talaga ang mundo.
  60. I went to college. DLS-CSB, Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Arts. I am proud to be Benilde.
  61. I have found a new passion: Photography.
  62. I wanted to save money and not depend on my parents.
  63. The year where there were a lot of family problems. And also the year before last year which is 2006.
  64. For the first time in 2 years, I almost fell in love. But did not allow myself to. I was still scared of being hurt.
  65. Met new friends: DV6, my precious block. A BLOCK TO REMEMBER, really. I am so thankful I was part of this block. They're my first friends, first block and first barkada in college.
  66. After a year, I have again found myself having the drive to study and get better grades. And be someone better than myself. During my senior year, I was fine at being okay. I was tired of the expectations and everything, academically.
  67. I met new friends: friends of friends. Etc, etc, etc.
  68. I have had so many experiences that I can't list them all down.
  69. 2007 was a great year. Year full of laughters, tears, joys, goodbyes, and friendships.
  70. 2007 was one hell of a rollercoaster ride and I am proud I went through it alive.
  71. I just wanted to make this list with 88 numbers so yeah. Hahaha. :p

Salamat sa pagbabasa ng pagkahaba-habang listahan ng mga nangyari sa akin ng 2007. Kung super detailed pa ‘to, malamang hindi niyo na babasahin. Hahaha. Nagtataka siguro kayo bakit alam na alam ko yung dates. Kasi nakalagay siya sa 2007 planner ko ng Starbucks. Lahat ng nangyayari sakin, nilalagay ko. So ayun. Wala lang. Haha.

Have a great 2008 everyone!

1 two batches higher than me.

No comments: