Friday, January 16, 2009

Hello new term, Hello stress!

So yeah, school started just last week. I was okay with going to school at first but when I realized it was already the night before school, I suddenly wasn’t feeling like going. But what can I do? Lol. I have to. My body clock was still messed up then. And it still is. Well at least I’m not sleeping at 5 in the morning now. So that’s an improvement, I guess. =]]

This term, I don’t have classes every Mondays and Fridays. Haha. Goodie! First week was cool. But well, when 2nd week started, I feel like I’m going to burst. LOL. No, just my mind. Or.. gah, I can’t explain what I’m feeling when I’m starting to get stressed. I know I’m stressed when I have this certain feeling inside me. Idk, uhm, a stressed feeling? Lol. School works are just starting to pile up. I thought 2nd week will not be so full of works yet, but noooo, I was so totally wrong. Maybe this is what I really get for being almost junior. (Damn, the floor’s so cold. Lol. I feel like I’m in Baguio.)

DESKPUB(Desktop Publishing) is fine. Although we have stuff to do on that already, but it’s all cool. My prof is the same one I had last term on COMGRAP(Computer Graphics). Again, we have to make a logo. Never-ending logo making! Lol. But I’m having fun with it. It’s funny with all the concepts my mind come up with. We were asked to do 3 logo studies each, for a design studio, construction company and a bar/restaurant. I’m already done with the logo studies. I just have to scan it again ‘cause I think it wasn’t scanned on high resolution yesterday when I asked my parent's’ secretary to scan it for me ‘cause I was running late for school. So since I’ve no class tomorrow, I’m gonna use if for doing school stuff. No play time this time. Maybe after I finish all the work that needs to be done.

On DESNCON(Design Concepts), we were asked to do a research of the topic we picked. I got Aromatherapy. >.< The topics listed were not related to arts at all. There’s no topic related to art. And we’re supposed to get the sources not just from the internet or books but from interviews as well. I’m going to interview uhm, someone from the spa or something? LOL. AND IT’S EFFIN’ DUE NEXT WEEK. And we have to present it in front of the whole class. We’re just 20, AFAIK. It’s cool. Butbutbuttt, can it not be at least 2 weeks preparation? :( It’s like a class for preparation for our thesis. So it’s like on our finals, we’re going to do a mini-theses thing. Present it to the panelists, defend it, and stuff. OMG, panelists. But I think I’m going to do a website. I can do just one right? At least that’s what I thought I heard. We’re gonna pick what we want to do. ‘Cause if we’re going to do website, logo, TV ad, and all that stuff.. OMG. That’s total suicide. We have to have a group in that case. But I guess we’re just going to pick one since we’re not grouped.

And then on our PROFES1(Professional Ethics) class, I was absent last meeting ‘cause my mom told me not to go to school. LOL. Lame. They were asked to form a group for a business company. So I had no group. As I mentioned, Kevin, Cerisse and CJ already grouped with Angela since I wasn’t there. But yesterday, I was grouped with.. well I don’t know them. I just know that one of them became my classmate in FREHAND class last term. One is MMA like me, and the other is Production Design. Yes, we’re just 3 in a group. It’s supposed to be 4. So one of us has to have 2 “jobs”. And.. WELL, HELLO. It just had to be me. I’m the secretary and the treasurer as well. Great. Money. Math. >.< But I think I can do that. Well, I know I can. :p So we’re gonna have reporting and also, we have to come up with 4k by the end of the term. Yes, freshhhh moolah. 4k by group, that is. I guess, the good thing about that is, if we have 4k then we’re gonna have more than 1k each. HOORAH. LOL. So we need to find a client or clients, and do business with them. It’s like a mini-OJT. Lol. I feel like I’m getting old. HAH. We need to come up with a company name and the vision/mission as well to pass next week.

And then, what else? OMG HAHAHAHA. On our PARTDES(Philippine Art and Design), since we(Camae, CJ, Cerisse and I) didn’t, or to better put it, wasn’t able to go to class last meeting because we were late. And then we were at MOA as well, and they decided not to go to class. Did someone tell us that the prof didn’t allow those who were late to come to class? I’m not sure. So we ended up, as I said in my last entry, after Krispy Kreme, in National Bookstore trying to solve that puzzle cube(idk what it’s called) in the children’s section. LOL. AND SO. Those who were absent last meeting should make a paper explaining why we were not in class last week. LMAO. What if my prof reads this? Now I’m not sure if I should just post this on my Windows Live Space or cross-post it in my blog. (Btw, I’m writing this in Windows Live Writer, jsyk.) HAHA. OMG. AND AND AND. Funny thing is, I’m classmates with my crush like back in 1st year. LMAO. I didn’t notice at first! And then Darden came to supposedly sit in(but she didn’t anyway) and said it to me. HAHAHA. But anyways, that’s 2 years ago already. Damn, 1st year college was 2 years ago! It was just like really last month? Ha ha.

So, yeah. Basically that’s it. NSTPCWS is mostly of lecture in the coming weeks. It’s not until the 5th week that we actually go out and do community service. FOTOGRA is mostly of the basics on the first day. But I like it already! Most probably because I really like to learn more about Photography. Now I’m thinking, if I should go film first then switch digital. During class, I thought I should go film first since I want to learn about it too. But now I’m not sure after I saw the other 107 students in the lobby taking photos and using digital. Plus film is kind of expensive with all the photo prints and stuff. I kind of had a bit of information overload on the first day. But good thing my prof stopped before I go totally overloaded. My professor is 63 years old btw. But he doesn’t look like his age! Maybe younger. He’s cool. I think he’s the same prof Anna had with her FOTOGRA last term. It was not supposed to be him but our original prof can’t teach this term, I think, for some reasons.

Talking about professors, I get really inspired from them since they work in the industry and they give us tips and all that. They teach us not just about the subject they’re teaching but also about how to go about in the industry and they tell us stories on how they started or other people’s stories. It’s so inspiring. Like I wanna be like them someday. It just makes my already big dreams, bigger. It’s like letting me know that my dreams are not impossible to reach. Like my PROFES1 professor, I often agree with what he said on yesterday’s discussion. I get inspired with the Filipino artists who made it big internationally. It’s not really like I want to go or my goal is to go international, of course I’d like that when opportunity comes but it’s not what my focus is really on, it’s just that it makes me realize more that nothing is really impossible. That even when your dreams seem too far to reach, it’s not impossible. It also made me realize that along with being on the creative industry, could also be a way of achieving my dream of going around the world. Not exactly around, but just go places. I wanna go places! In every meaning of that phrase. I dream of going to more than 5 countries before I die. It’s a must. The future may seem like a long way to go, but time’s running so fast. You may not know it but the future may just be the present already. All the things I learn along the way just make me so much more focused and determined on my goals. I know I dream BIG a lot. And people may say things about it. There may be obstacles. But that’s just life. You fall, you try to get back up there. If people try to bring you down, prove to them that you can’t be brought down. You fail, you learn from your mistakes. You succeed, be grateful and don’t forget about the people you’ve met. Be it the people who inspired you or the people who tried to bring you down. At the end of the day, they’re still those people who got you to where you are and defined you for who you are.

--
Hmm, you know I think I should print that out and post it somewhere in my room where I can see it everyday. Ha ha. I inspire myself. I hope I’m always like that. Optimistic and inspired. And happy.

And oh, it’s so cold these days! 18 degrees C? And Baguio is like 7-8 degrees. And Benguet is on 3 degrees. Record-breaking for Benguet, I think. Lol. News say it’s going to go lower until February. I want to wear my winter jacket outside. LOL.

K so I decided I’ll post this on both my Space and blog. :]]

Sorry for the longggg post. I know you guys are busy enough to read this. But thanks anyway! :)

No comments: