Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Life and Death.

I just realized how life can be so short. I mean I know how life can be really short and we all die in the end of our journey here on earth. Maybe I just don't want to believe that it works that way.

Life can be easily made by two people who had intercourse then after 5 days or a week, next thing you know, you're pregnant or you're gonna be a parent. Wait for 9 months and then you'll see God's blessing: life. If that's how fast life can be created, that's also how fast life can be taken away from you. Maybe just multiply that two times faster 'cause that's really how fast life can be taken away, in just a second or a milli-second. It's sad but it's reality. We will never know when our life will end. We will never know when a loved one will go. No matter how we don't want it to happen, it's inevitable. And no matter how much we pray for our loved one to not go and how much we pray for our enemy to kill themselves, if it's their time to go, it's their time.

I wrote this post because my Aunt died yesterday. I was shocked. I don't know exactly what happened but I know she's sick. Even before. I didn't ask the details though. As I was eating my Burger Steak from Jollibee in our office, my mom said, "Cha, text mo si Joyce(she's my cousin)." And I said, "Bakit?", "Namatay mommy nya. Si Auntie Edel mo." I couldn't utter a single word after she said that. I was just shocked. I saw her last summer, I think, when we went to General Santos. We even stayed at their house for one night. No one knew she was gonna go this same year. Days before yesterday, I even got to chat with my cousin in YM. It was their sembreak and we (me, my other cousin and her) were catching up with things. 'Cause we're far from each other and I don't have any cousins here in Manila with the same age as mine. I always ask her how she is and she said she's okay. I wonder how she is now? I didn't get to text her either. T_T I hope they're fine.

I also got to write this post because we watched Kubrador last Thursday in our Economics class but didn't get to finish it so we got to finish it today. The last part was shocking and sad, very. Kubrador is a film about illegal gambling and how less fortunate people engage in it and how the ones in position, particularly in the government, are very much involved in funding jueteng. The last part was the scene about All Soul's Day and people were going to the cemetery to visit their late loved ones. Gina Pareno(the main character) and her family visits her son's grave, who was in the AFP(Armed Forces of the Philippines). She then left and wandered around the cemetery's vicinity. There were a lot of people and since at those times, people's heads get to heat up and get annoyed. There was a scene where a jeepney and a car bumped into each other and both drivers started heating up. The car driver beat the jeepney driver but eventually, the jeepney driver got up and went to his jeepney to get a batuta to beat the car driver. But the car driver got to run to his car and held his gun. He pointed it to the jeepney driver but the driver got to run away. While he was running, the car driver fired the gun and a by-stander got hit in the left side of his chest instead of the jeepney driver. Gina Pareno got grazed and she and the by-stander both fell down. At first we thought she was the one who got shot but she wasn't. It was so sad that an innocent by-stander gets hit by a shot that wasn't even meant for him! The fact that your life can be taken away just like that is so sad. The fact that you didn't have anything to do with the riot at all. Man. We didn't know if the man who got shot died but he was rushed to the hospital almost 50/50. It's sad because it happens in reality. And it's sad that it happens in the Philippines.

Our life is a blessing and we should be thankful that we're still here today. We should be thankful that our loved ones who are still here are still here beside us. As I said, we will never know when we will go and when our loved ones will go, so we should make them feel how special they are to us. How thankful we are for having them, how much we love and care for them. Although I am guilty about that because I don't make them feel special everyday. I have my faults. But then again, while there is still time to do it, let's start doing it right away.

We should also make the most out of our lives. I have these goals in life written on my desktop and some of these goals are to make a difference and be happy. I want to know what am I here for and what my purpose is here on earth. I want to make a change because I know I can, even in my own little way. As the saying goes, we should live life to the fullest. Enjoy it while we can. Experience things, know our limitations, take risks, make mistakes and learn from it.

I am glad that I enjoy my life to the fullest(well maybe not that fullestEST). I let myself experience things. I take risks. I make mistakes. I learn from it. And I know my limitations. I know what I want and I have dreams I want to achieve.

I am thankful and grateful for having my family and my friends. They're the very reason why I keep on hanging. Every night, I thank God for everything He has given me and for letting me survive this day. Every night, I thank Him for my family and friends. For me, they're the GREATEST blessing I'll ever have.

Life and death: an inevitable reality.

"All endings are also beginnings we just don't know it at that time.." - Mitch Albom, author of Tuesdays with Morrie; Five People You Meet in Heaven
It's almost the same as, "When God closes a door, He opens a window."

I believe it's true. Don't you think?

2 comments:

Renz Bulseco said...

my deepest condolence to your late aunt =(

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, Charlene. I hope your aunt is in a better place right now.

Death waits for no one, indeed. That's why we should enjoy every second of living here on planet Earth and make the most out of it NOW. Not tomorrow or in the near or distant future. Neither we can predict the future of when we'll leave this place nor answer if we are going to be next. So, I say "better enjoy life now".

The Hell Bent dropped by! >:)