Saturday, February 16, 2008

Do you want change?

It's so sad that people misinterpret what other people do for them. People misinterpret what other people sacrifice and risk for them. When that 'other people' only wants something better; for truth to come out; something that will change the perspective of every person living in this country that for once, we still have unity and we still have credible, martyr, and honest people living in our land for our country.

It's what Filipino people lack now: hope, faith, trust, and positivity. I can't blame them. Because of all the numerous crappy things that had happened to our country for the past couple years, I really can't blame them. I bet they're tired of everything they hear in the news because ironically, nothing is really new.

I just hope they won't give up on our country. I hope they would see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still am hopeful that our country will be a better place in time. If only everyone would cooperate and LISTEN. If only everyone would think positively in every way possible, I think we could pull it off. If only the politicians will set aside their personal interests and as well as everyone! If only they will listen to what God is telling us. If only they will still have the faith to move on. We are not stupid. We are aware of everything the government has been doing all along. And if we don't do something about it, even just a little something, nothing would happen. If we all would just think that nothing will happen and we can never do it as a country before doing something, then nothing would really happen. If we just sit and hear, nothing would happen.

You know you want change. And today let's start the change we want to see.


Let me be the change I want to see
to do with strength and wisdom
all that needs to be done...
and become the hope that I can be.

Set me free from my fears and hesitations
grant me courage and humility
fill me with spirit to face the challenge
and start the change I long to see.

Today I start the change I want to see


Even if I'm not the light
I can be the spark
In faith, service and communion
Let us start the change we want to see
The change that begins in me.

Live Jesus in our hearts forever!


If you don't agree with me, it's fine. I am just voicing out what I think is right.

I remember my Filipino professor asked us, "Naniniwala pa ba kayo na may pag-asa pa ang Pilipinas?" Everyone nodded. She said, "Dapat. Dapat maniwala tayo na may pag-asa pa ang Pilipinas."

Just don't lose hope, don't stop believing.

No comments: