Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Old Friends, New Friends.

Old friends. Thinking about them makes me mad. Not really mad but I have this certain hateness to them. We separated all right[no hard feeling and such]. We were happy. It was graduation day and we stayed up late until 4am going to Podium[The Forum and Blue Elbow], Ratsky Malate and other places. It was one memorable night. One of the memories I always want to look back to.

At first, everything was alright. They were still hanging around my house and visiting me even I transferred to a new school. I have to start all over again[making friends, adjusting to the environment, etc.]. That was June-July-August. And after those months, I haven't heard or talked to them. I call them sometimes but everything was just different. I was like talking and talking but that person I am talking to on the other line she's like, she don't listen. Before, I thought, I would not find another friends like them. They were the best, they were cool and nice and fun. We were barkada. But as what life always go, we need to separate ways.

You might ask, why do I have this feeling of hateness to them? They never call to let us[yes us, three of us in the group transferred to another school and the rest remained.] know that they remember, that they still care! Well they DO call. They call if they NEED something! You call that friends? Damnit man. I was too generous back then that they thought that it would be okay for me to let them borrow and have that certain thing. But we, we find a way to call them even just once a month to let them know that we still remember them. I can't get over the fact that we were separating. Damn. They're still my friends but it's just different. Everything just changed! I just don't know them anymore. They weren't the ones who I knew back then. But then, I thought, they don't even care so why care for them? And I thought that, everything change. People change. But they changed to the point that I don't even know them anymore. I admit that I changed, but I changed for the good! I wrote them a 6-page letter and they wouldn't realize what they were doing until that. I was mad! They weren't there for me when I needed them. Those times when I was so soo down and broken. What happened to the "friends forever!" or the "I will always be there for you when you need me."? Then after, they call sometimes to ask what's up. But it wasn't the same anymore. I let go of them having this certain hate. I was cold to them.

On my new school, when we were having a short quiz, I looked around and said to myself, "bakit parang ang tahimik at ang titino naman ng mga tao dito?". I got used of my Grade 6 days of "helping me". Each and everyone of us in the room do that. Even the honors. I thought I would have a problem adjusting to them. I am not used to being along during recess or lunch so I talked to one of the new students if I could join them for recess. And to think that I don't even know where the canteen was! They weren't the one who approached me first so I thought that people weren't friendly. But, I was so so so wrong. As time went by, I realized that they're not that bad. Actually, they're great! This school, taught me how to be independent and gain more self-confidence[I was a shy girl back in elementary]. I would not forget my first section in OLGM. I-Prudence. This section is the best yet. I have a lot of memories here. So much memories that would make me laugh and cry at the same time. Even if I go all of it over and over again, I would never get tired of those memories.

Highschool memories are memories that each of us should treasure. =D Dba?

Now, I finished my sophomore year and an incoming junior. I just realized that my OLGM friends are the friends that I was looking for a long time. They're fun to be with, funny, nice, caring, true, understanding, etc. There are too many to list all those characteristics here. Mababaw lang kaligayahan namin. Baliw kami, at sabog[yan ang Prudence. haha]. II-Sincerity has left me a lot of colorful memories. Though it's not the cream section that you'd imagine. Magulo kami. We always get scolded by the teachers. This section was colorful 'cause there are a lot of things that had happened here. Problems: friends, love, studies. We surely did learn a lot of lessons. I did. I'm sure I will learn much more in my junior year. And it's gonna be fun. :)

If I didn't transferred to this school, I would not get to meet my friends. Friends who will always be there for me when I need them. When I need someone to talk to or laugh or cry with. And if I stayed at SVS, I would be with those gangsters and stuff. Be a ghetto and say 'kno' wha' I mean?'. Or I'll be doing that gangsta sign. It's not that I hate gangsters. I have friends who are gangsters. If I studied there, then I wouldn't be this kind of person. It would be a different me.

My OLGM friends and the school itself, molded me into what I am today. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't know myself this much. I wouldn't know the real me.

And I just want to add that.. my friends.... THEY ROCK! as in ganto --> \m/
Hahaha. It's true. =)

++++++++++++++

Jacky and Klariz[SVS friends] visited me kanina. They were just droppin' by to see and ask what's going on with my life. They said, "Bakit mukha kang masaya ngayon?" I was like, 'I do?' then I just said, "Ewan ko. *sabay smile and a little laugh* ". They promised to drop by some time.

I don't know what am I feeling today. Damnit, I don't know if I am going to hate it or just simply like what I'm feeling.[it's not related to them, I know.]

Anyway, at least they still remember me, somehow, unlike the others.

No comments: