Monday, April 25, 2005

School is cool. :)

I got this post from Jesh. I got her permission of using her post 'cause as what I have commented on her site, I exactly feel the same way. :) So this post is inline with Jesh.

I am a regular teenager. A high schooler who almost flunked in Geometry; hated Chemistry and Biology; disgusted my Social Studies teacher; abhorred the cheerleader counterparts; and excused myself for not attending a class just to skip a terror teacher’s period.

Yes, I did all these. I had a lot of crazy escapades especially in high school There was even a time when I wanted to stop schooling; I was tired of getting up at 5:30 in the morning and encountering laws, theorems, formulas, etc., incessantly in ten months. If there’s one word I could use to describe schooling, it is exhausting.

But there’s something so odd, that almost all and sundry can relate to; It is during vacation, we forget all these hardships we’ve gone through in school. It is during vacation, all of a sudden, we want to be in the exact same chair we used to sit on. It is when we want to see the faces we’ve been at ease with for the past ten months of laughing. – It is when we want to go back to school. Just go back, not considering of the sermons and a dozen-page book report waiting.

This is what I really feel right now. I want to go back to the school where I’ve started the real life; just be at the exact same grounds my friends and I have been accustomed to run and play at for the past eleven years. I just want to relish the last less-than-a-year significant stay at that school I’ve learned to love, and the people I’ll be leaving behind with it. Yes, in less than a year I’ll be graduating and finally, desert the school that didn’t have to teach me how to boost my school spirit. Because of the feeling of acceptance the whole community had shown me, I just unconsciously did.

I just so miss everything. TOTALLY EVERYTHING.

How much more after I graduate?





Okay so my summer's boring. Or at least that's what I thought that's why I want to go back to school already. Despite of all the homeworks, the projects, sleepless nights, reports, terror teachers and swimming classes[Yeah, I do enjoy swimming classes but I'm not really good at it you know]. I surely do miss those laugh trips, tambay sa canteen and gracepark, and most especially my friends. I miss those assignments, reports, sleepless nights, chaotic-pressured examination week, crammings, hardworks, efforts and stuff. I miss teachers scolding us, laughing with us, and just hanging out with us. Yung magulong classroom, nagja-jamming, nagkkwentuhan, nagtatawanan, soundtrip, yung complains ng klase tuwing may assignment sa Math o kung sobrang daming assignments, yung mga pakiusap namin dahil madami kaming ginagawa, ang pag-papaextend ng deadlines, yung early pressured chaotic examination ng honors pero pagkatapos nun tambay na lang sa tabi-tabi tapos yung iba may classes pa and hindi pa tapos yung exam:D, at kung anu-ano lang na mga trip at kalokohan. I'm just too excited to go to 3rd year and to school. My life's a waste just doing monotonous stuffs[Hindi lagi pero kadalasan. gets?] this summer.

But when vacation's over and school's on, we complain. Damnit, why is that? Haha. And when the teachers start to pressure us with the assignments, reports, math problems and all that sht, we complain. Pero pag summer, we complain.

I don't want to graduate yet. Though I'm still an incoming 3rd yr student, thinking about leaving the school and leaving highschool, where so much things happened for the past 2 years of my highschooling, makes me want to be a highschooler forever. But things are not ought to be forever. We need to move on. To some much bigger world, in a new world where we are ought to have new challenges, and I mean much bigger challenges and responsibilities. Where we learn to be more independent. And that is college.

Though I am still an incoming junior, I think about the future. I'm scared. I don't know what to expect when I am already in college. And to think that I still don't know what course to take or where I am going to study. My dad wants me to go to UP. We talk about my college/my future. And it pressures me. My parents expect too much from me. I'm scared that I can't reach their expectations.
I'm going to adjust with my new school and start over with a new set of friends. But college, is merely more about independence. We really can't do things we do like in highschool. College is more serious and we have to take it seriously. That's why most people who already are in college often say to make the most of our highschool years, to cherish every moment and do things we can still do while we're in highschool.

And after college, we step into the real world. Find jobs, and other stuffs. And as we go on with our life, we meet new people. More people. But surely, we will never forget our highschool friends and precious memories.

Kagaya nga nung sabi sa Myx, We'll be leaving them with precious memories of our first dance, school fair, our winning piece, school plays, .. sports fest, Christmas parties, victory parties.. etc.

In my 2 years of schooling, 20 months to be exact, I've learned to love my school and learned to love being at school. And now I am missing being at it. Sitting on my chair, just talking to my classmates, seatmate, frontmate or backmate or listening to my teacher, writing/taking notes down. I miss the fun. I miss so much everything about it.

Do you know what makes school more interesting?
It's the people around us. We go to school because we want to be with our friends. We want to hang out with them. But hey, school is just not about fun. :) We go to school because we want to learn too. School is pressuring and at the same time fun-filled.


I have to go on to my junior and senior years. They say this is where the real fun begins. The part where you'll surely miss highschool. And I have to go through it yet. :)

Does this post make you remember something? :) Hehe. I bet we all experienced this. And we all tell the same stories. We thank people who have been part of this precious years. Because as most people say, Highschool years are the best years of our lives.

There are things in life that we can do at school and not anywhere else.

check out my multiply site for pictures of my 2nd year days. :)

************

Yey, I have the white band. :) STOP THE HATE. :) Anyway, if you got a heart, sign up for makepovertyhistory.org or if you want to sign up for OpenMind, just click the band. Check out some other links at the side. <--- :) Thanks.

No comments: